The explosion happened at Fashion Cleaners (at 16th Street and Grant Street) on Friday morning.
The blast shattered the windows around the dry cleaners.
Amazingly, none of the employees were injured, since the explosion was primarily contained in the dryer itself.
"The Napthe, the chemical we use in the dryer," Fashion Cleaners owner Donnie Riley told Big 2. "There probably was enough vapor that caused the explosion. But the dryer it happened in is an explosion proof dryer. We pay a lot of money to have equipment like that. and Thank God that's where it happened."
Riley says the explosion should only slow the store down for a couple of days.
Riley also says he's already working with his insurance company to help recover from the incident.
The same dryer that exploded actually had another small explosion 5 years.
However, that first explosion was set off by a cigarette lighter.