This fire happened at a home on Westbrook and University Sunday afternoon. Some kids were playing with matches in the home, and that sparked the blaze. The wind then spread the fire through the home.
Fire crews and Odessa police were on the scene, and they blocked off eastbound traffic on University to fight that blaze. They were able to put out the flames within an hour.
No people were injured in the blaze, but a cat inside the home was killed. The home wasn't destroyed, but it was badly damaged by fire and smoke, and now the family of five that lived there has to find somewhere else to live.