Odessa Fire and Rescue officials tell Big 2 that Yvonne Miller's home in the 4200 block of Redbud Avenue caught fire early on January 9th.
There was reportedly lots of smoke in the area when firefighters arrived on scene.
Firefighters say a space heater caused the fibers of a chair to start smoldering.
When firefighters entered the home, the air that entered with them caused the chair to burst into flames.
Miller, 80, was taken to Medical Center Hospital after the blaze.
As of Thursday evening, Miller was listed in critical condition at M.C.H.
Miller's dog died in the fire.
Firefighters also say the home didn't have a working smoke detector.