Edna Jones, 76, and her 4 year-old grandson Brayden Van Zant died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a fire ripped through this home over the weekend. Funeral services were held Thursday afternoon in Andrews. Investigators believe a child was playing with a barbecue lighter in a room, which sparked the flames. Curtis Jones and 2 year-old Aubrey Van Zant were able to escape.
If you would like to help the Van Zant family, an account has been set up at the National Bank of Andrews under the name of Robert Van Zant, father of Brayden and Aubrey. Big 2 has also received word that All-American Chrysler Jeep Dodge, where Curtis Jones worked, is helping the family as well. The dealership has raised more than $4,000 to help pay funeral expenses, but you can also help by making a donation in Curtis Jones' name at First Basin Credit Union.