Anyone with information about Hailey Dunn is asked to contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.
Sunday, Dec. 26
• Hailey spent the night with her dad, Clint Dunn, on Christmas, so the morning of Dec. 26 was the last time he saw her
Monday, Dec. 27
• A neighbor sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard
• Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up
• Shawn comes home at 3 p.m.
• Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to Mary Beth’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.
Tuesday, Dec. 28
• Billie calls her son, David, and asks him to tell Hailey to come home
• Hailey is reported missing
Wednesday, Dec. 29
• Bigcountryhomepage.com reports the story and airs a description of Hailey, saying police are treating it as a missing person
Thursday, Dec. 30
• A description and photo of the missing girl have been entered in the TCIC NCIC Region 5 broadcast system which covers surrounding counties. Also, the information has been put on the CopSync system providing anyone in the state with the CopSync system a picture and information on Dunn.
• Bigcountryhomepage.com reports interim police chief John Bivens is treating the case as a runaway
• Searches begin in Colorado City
Friday, Dec. 31
• Bloodhounds follow Hailey’s scent through her neighborhood and to the general vicinity of the Western Suites Motel
• Friends set up a Facebook page to spread the word
• A donor creates a $1,000 reward
Sunday, Jan. 2
• The reward is increased to $10,000
• Hundreds show up for a candlelight vigil
Monday, Jan. 3
• Nancy Grace takes Hailey’s disappearance national and interviews Billie Dunn
• Grace and guests criticize the initial treatment of the case as a “runaway”
• FindHaileyDunn.com is created
Tuesday, Jan. 4
• Reward is increased to $25,000
• Billie Dunn and Adkins planned to take a polygraph test, but were told it would have to be delayed because of the anti-anxiety medication they’d taken
• The case is changed with “missing person”
Wednesday, Jan. 5
• Billie Dunn, Adkins take polygraph tests. Both fail, according to Dunn.
• Adkins leaves town to stay with relatives
• Dunn is interrogated for more than 10 hours
• ABC News airs story about disappearance
Thursday, Jan. 6
• Texas Rangers search Dunn home and seize evidence
• DPS helicopter conducts aerial search
• Investigators say the search is intensifying and they’re narrowing leads
• Billie Dunn appears again on Nancy Grace, saying she was told Adkins failed the polygraph prior to her test, then failed herself.
• Lamar unveils donated missing person billboards
• CBS News, Fox News air stories about disappearance
Friday, Jan. 7
• Volunteers are asked to gather at 2 p.m. at the Mitchell County Court House to begin a county-wide search
• Law enforcement conducts door-to-door interviews in Colorado City
• The polygraph administrator says he did not release the results to anyone