Investigators say heat coming from the metal exhaust ducting on the fireplace caused the wood frame to catch fire. The heat also spread into the attic, igniting the wooden structure and roof deck.
No one was injured in the blaze, which happened in the 2400 block of Arbor Lane around 6:30 PM Sunday, but the home did suffer some smoke and fire damage. Luckily, all fire damage was confined to the attic and chimney.
The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the family who was affected by that fire.