The blaze broke out Sunday night at a home in the 6100 block of Benefield. When fire crews got to the scene, flames had already taken hold of the home. Crews had the blaze under control by around 10:00 PM, but the home was a total loss by then.
"They say they got here in 3 minutes and there was absolutely nothing they could do," the homeowner's sister, Laurie Tonkin, told Big 2. "It was just a complete loss."
The homeowner, Linda Montgomery, was not home at the time. No one was hurt in the fire.
A fund is being set up to help Montgomery, who lost everything in the fire. If you'd like to help, you can make a donation to Linda Montgomery at Complex Community Credit Union.