The blaze broke out at 900 Pine Court around 10:45 PM Monday. A two-car garage next to the main house caught fire. Firefighters found flames shooting from the structure when they arrived on the scene.
An S.U.V. parked in front of the garage suffered heat damage, along with a nearby guest apartment. The homeowners were asleep when the fire broke out, but they made it out of the home safely and no one was hurt.
Investigators say that the home was being remodeled and painted at the time, and some paint in the garage spread the fire. They're still not sure if the paint sparked the fire.
The investigation continues.