The fire broke out at Motel One (2925 Business 20) around 5:45 PM Monday.
Odessa Fire and Rescue officials tell Big 2 that some workers were sottering pipes together at the motel when sparks caught part of the building on fire.
The fire started on the second floor and quickly spread to the attic.
Meanwhile, the maintenance workers reportedly panicked and left the scene.
Firefighters rushed to the scene and evacuated the motel.
Firefighters then extinguished the blaze.
No one was injured in the fire.
However, some second floor rooms at the motel suffered extensive damage.
Firefighters say the torched rooms will have to be remodeled.